Monday March 6, 2017 is this year’s Good Food & Farming Lobby Day!
Thank you for your interest in our Legislative Program. WSFFN works in collaboration with the Good Food Coalition to achieve state policies that will ensure a sustainable and just food system in Washington State – one that supports viable farms, protects our air, land and water; and ensures affordable access to healthy food for all people.
Click here for WSFFN’s 2016 Legislative Summary.
- Washington State University was funded $580,000 to develop an organic agriculture systems degree at their University Center in Everett
- It is legal to grow industrial hemp in Washington State
- 10% of Washington Wildlife and Recreation Program funds are permanently secured for farm and forest land preservation
- $50,000 was allocated to the Washington Conservation Commission for food policy support
- We were disappointed that the supplemental budget did not include any additional funding for WSDA’s Farm to School and Small Farm Direct Marketing Programs which was our top priority
Thanks so much for your advocacy this year! You guys Rock!
Monday March 6, 2017 is this year’s